Save The Date: 3rd Annual Touch-A-Truck Food Drive
Saturday, October 19, 2024 From 10am – 2pm
Thank you to everyone who supported our 2023 Touch-A-Truck Food Drive for
Arch Street Center, Power Packs Project, and Blessings of Hope!
With your help, we raised over $17,200 and 1,000 pounds of non-perishable food!
Thank You for making a difference in our community!
In 2024, We Need Your Help To Get Us To Our Goal of Raising $20,000 & 3,000 pounds of Non-Perishable Food!
Facts about Hunger in America
- Hunger can affect people from all walks of life. Millions of people in America are just one job loss, missed paycheck, or medical emergency away from hunger.
- According to the USDA, more than 38 million people, including 12 million children, in the United States are food insecure.
- The pandemic has increased food insecurity among families with children and communities of color, who already faced hunger at much higher rates before the pandemic.
- Every community in the country is home to families who face hunger. But rural communities are especially hard hit by hunger.
- Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs and visit their local food banks and other food programs for extra support
Click on the logos to learn more about each organization!
Arch Street Center is an independent non-profit offering a membership-based day program for adults living with serious mental illness. We provide a safe, caring, and judgment-free space with a focus on socialization, recreation, and empowerment. Many adults with mental health issues find themselves isolated, with few close friends or family to rely on and at a high-risk for being neglected or forgotten by the communities in which they live. At Arch Street Center members can meet with peers, form new friendships, relax, and enjoy themselves without the burden of stigma or other outside pressures. Our member as well as guests, rely on the food that is donated to ASC. Your donation will help us help them have healthy and nutritious meals every day.
Power Packs Project is a non-profit 501(c)(3) that aims to improve the mental and physical health of children by helping their parents provide nutritious meals over weekends when school breakfast and lunch programs are unavailable to them. They are in 45 schools in 13 school districts in Lancaster and 3 school districts in Lebanon with over 500 volunteers and serve over 1600 families.
Blessings of Hope is a nonprofit food dissemination center created to be a vital link in the American food chain. Large corporations can efficiently donate food through Blessings of Hope to accomplish zero food waste and give back to the global community. Producing & delivering the equivalent of 2 MILLION meals every month allows them to empower regional ministries, churches, disaster relief organizations, and food banks to serve their local communities through feeding the hungry and sharing the love of Jesus.
If you would like to be a sponsor of this great community event, click here to view the 2023 Touch-A-Truck Food Drive Sponsorship Form
Thank You To The Following 2023 Sponsors: