Touch-A-Truck Food Drive
Saturday, October. 22, 2022
10am – 2pm
“We Need Your Help To Fill A Tractor Trailer with Non-Perishable Foods To Bless Those In Need In Our Community!”
Oregon Dairy and The Manheim Township Police Department and West Earl Police Department are hosting a Touch-A-Truck Food Drive at the “Thank A Trucker” Corn Maze on Saturday, October 22, 2022 from 10am – 2pm. Our goal is to FILL a trailer with non-perishable food and bless Power Packs, Chasing Down Hunger, and Blessings of Hope with food for families in need in our community.
Facts about Hunger in America
- Hunger can affect people from all walks of life. Millions of people in America are just one job loss, missed paycheck, or medical emergency away from hunger.
- According to the USDA, more than 38 million people, including 12 million children, in the United States are food insecure.
- The pandemic has increased food insecurity among families with children and communities of color, who already faced hunger at much higher rates before the pandemic.
- Every community in the country is home to families who face hunger. But rural communities are especially hard hit by hunger.
- Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs and visit their local food banks and other food programs for extra support
Click on the logos to learn more about each organization!
Chasing Down Hunger was the vision of a four year old named Chase, who couldn’t understand why people in his community were hungry. Inspired to do something, Chase invited family and friends to collect food for the hungry for Thanksgiving.
The response was overwhelming! Seven years later, Chase continues to inspire his Manheim Township community with his desire to help those in need.
Power Packs Project is a non-profit 501(c)(3) that aims to improve the mental and physical health of children by helping their parents provide nutritious meals over weekends when school breakfast and lunch programs are unavailable to them. They are in 45 schools in 13 school districts in Lancaster and 3 school districts in Lebanon with over 500 volunteers and serve over 1600 families.
Blessings of Hope is a nonprofit food dissemination center created to be a vital link in the American food chain. Large corporations can efficiently donate food through Blessings of Hope to accomplish zero food waste and give back to the global community. Producing & delivering the equivalent of 2 MILLION meals every month allows them to empower regional ministries, churches, disaster relief organizations, and food banks to serve their local communities through feeding the hungry and sharing the love of Jesus.
If you would like to be a sponsor of this great community event, click here to view available 2022 Touch-A-Truck Food Drive Sponsorships