Oregon Dairy offers tours of our Farm & Store to groups of 10 or more. Pre-school to High School, Families, Businesses, etc.
Tours are scheduled for Monday through Friday from 9 am till 2pm from April through October.
Oregon Dairy is now offering access to our Fall Corn Maze in September and October as part of our tour packages for schools and organizations!
Farm and Store Tours
Minimum of 10 people
- You will enjoy an open-air tractor & wagon ride from the store to the barn where you will meet our herd of cows, see where they sleep and how they are milked.
- Have a chance to pet a calf.
- Learn about dairy farming, growing feed and how we process our own milk.
- After the farm tour, ride back to the store to begin your store tour.
- Visit each department including: produce, bakery, seafood, deli, meat & grocery and learn fun, educational facts about our grocery store. Bonus: Receive snacks in some of the departments!
- Take a tour of our warehouse, learn about how we recycle cardboard and see where all the delicious ice cream is stored in our huge walkin freezers.
- No tour would be complete without a sample of Oregon Dairy’s delicious Chocolate Milk and a mini-Vanilla Ice Cream Cone! PLUS…every child will receive a FREE Goodie Bag!
- If time permits, Oregon Dairy has an amazing playground for the kids to enjoy after the tour. The playground includes a spiral sliding board inside a silo, tire swings, sliding boards and a “Secret” Cattle Chute!
- Please allow for a minimum of 2 hours
- For Schools – No charge for up to (2) teachers on field trip (Chaperones/teacher’s aides pay the per person price)
- For Farm and Store Tour Reservations, Please contact Kate Sauder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-656-2856 ext. 217
Corn Maze Tour Packages
Available in September and October
- Our Corn Maze offers a fun and educational experience
- Students will practice map reading and critical thinking skills
- Students will also learn the value of working on a team as they navigate the Corn Maze
- Pedal tractor rides, barrel train rides, hamster wheel races and jump pad rides available for an additional fee
- Corn Maze Field Trips are only available in September and October – Monday through Friday from 9am – 2pm
- FOR CORN MAZE FIELD TRIP RESERVATIONS – Please contact Nancy Brown at (717) 656-2856 Ext. 247 or e-mail email@example.com
Corn Maze Package Available:
- Corn maze, Farm and Store Tour Field Trip -$12.00 per person
- Available September and October
- Activities included with admission: straw tunnel, straw mound playground, Tire minion Playground, Pet a Calf, Feed the Goats, Pumpkin Tic-Tac-Toe and Pumpkin Checkers. Payment options: Credit card or checks
- Unlimited Rides during the Corn Maze Field Trip (Additional fee) $6.00/person for children up to 16 years old – Rides Include: Barrel Train Rides, Pedal Tractor Rides, Hamster Wheel Races, and Jump Pad
- Please call at least 3 weeks in advance to book your corn maze field trip
- Please provide an accurate number of people for the field trip, and notify us if the number changes prior to your arrival
- No charge for up to 2 teachers on field trip (Chaperones/teacher’s aides pay the per person price)
- Please allow 4-4.5 hours for corn maze, farm and store tour and activities
- We recommend dividing classes into groups of 4-6 with one adult
Call Nancy Brown at (717) 656-2856 Ext. 247 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and more information
*Double The Fun* Tour Package with Oregon Dairy and Hands-On-House!
Double The Fun Group Package Tour Information:
Tour Days Available: Mondays, Thursday & Friday (April thru October)
Hands-on House Tour Information:
Current Exhibits Include:
The following is required:
- Call at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Call between the hours of 8am – 4pm.
- Minimum tour is 10 people
- Payment options include credit card or check
- Encourage comfortable clothing, including: clothing appropriate for outdoor weather (be prepared for seasonal weather changes!) and closed toe shoes.
- Please provide an accurate count of people for your group. We ask that you have 1 adult per 4-5 children.
- Prices vary based on size of group and what activities you would like to include, Please call TODAY to discuss your trip!
Making the Grade!
To make sure our Farm Tour meets your needs as a teacher, we did our homework. The result? You now have access to lesson plans that meet Pennsylvania’s State Standards in Math, Science, and Reading, as well as Common CORE standards in Literacy and Math. These lesson plans include State Standards, Lessons, Reading Guide Pamphlet, Worksheets and Key Vocabulary. We also have curriculum that includes a Lab Component for students in 6th-8th grades. All four lesson plans include an answer keys as well as videos. This will help in planning your pre-trip lessons and also your post-trip lessons.
Lesson Plans Include:
|“On the Dairy Farm”|
|Elementary School: 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade|
|Lesson One: “Makin’ Cows Smile.”
Lesson Two: “Keepin’ It Fresh”
Lesson Three: “Goin’ Round & Round”
Lesson Four: “Handin’ It On”
Lesson Five: “Choosin’ Keeps You Cruisin”Each lesson includes a video motivator, comprehensive lesson plan, reading guide, overhead transparencies or Ipad graphics, and assessment-based worksheets
|Middle School: 6th, 7th & 8th Grade|
|Lesson One: “Animal Health”
Lesson Two: “Milk Quality & Safety”
Lesson Three: “Dairy in The Environment”
Lesson Four: “In The Community”Lessons tie into Common CORE and STEM standards for math, science and reading and address concepts such as selective breeding, balanced diets, food safety and chemistry, recycling nutrients, natural and capital resources, and the economy.